Find out how to use lemon essential oil at home. Lemon has many uses around the home. It can be used to clean, disinfect surfaces and remove smells. The lemon scent is also very refreshing!
Lemon oil can benefit you during your day-to-day life. Lemon essential oil can be used as an antiseptic, germicidal, fungicide, astringent, deodorant, and much more!
What is Lemon Essential Oil Good For?
Lemon essential oil is an incredibly versatile product with a multitude of benefits. From a mental point of view, it has been known to sharpen focus, invigorate the senses and deliver a refreshing burst of energy.
On a physical level, it can improve skin clarity and even hair texture by providing antioxidant protection and nourishing properties. Moreover, lemon essential oil is also capable of helping restore shine to dull surfaces, meaning it can always come in handy when cleaning around the house.
Finally, its sweet yet tart aroma provides a natural means to enhance any environment with uplifting citrusy fragrances that brings joy to anyone who smells it.
Lemon Essential Oil Combinations
When combined with other oils like lavender or grapefruit it can help you stay awake when feeling tired in the afternoon too. It can also be used in a homemade cleaning spray that is perfect for keeping counters and appliances clean and disinfected.
This guide will give you all the information you need on how to incorporate it into your everyday life!
How To Use Lemon Essential Oil At Home
Lemon essential oil is a great way to clean and purify your home. Lemon Essential Oil has many benefits for the body and all of them are good for your health.
Here are 10 powerful lemon essential oil tips and tricks you can use to bring aromatherapy into your home.
- Add lemon essential oil on a cotton ball or pad and place inside sports bags, laundry hampers, dresser drawers, and anywhere else odor might linger.
- Wipe down kids’ toys with warm soapy water and a few drops of lemon oil to get rid of germs, dirt, and grime.
- Remove sticky residue from surfaces or skin, just add a few drops to a washcloth or cleaning rag and scrub the sticky spot until the adhesive is gone.
- Diffuse lemon essential oil to elevate the mood and freshen the air in the room and neutralize odors.
- Apply a dab directly to a cold sore for soothing relief.
- Add a few drops of olive oil for simple, non-toxic furniture polish.
- Dilute with virgin coconut oil for an easy fingernail and cuticle conditioning balm.
- Add 1 drop to a spoon of honey to soothe a cough or sore throat.
- Clean the microwave by adding 1 cup of water with a few drops of lemon essential oil in a microwave-safe dish, and heat up for 3 minutes. Allow the steam to air out until you can comfortably clean the inside of the microwave with a washcloth of warm soapy water.
- Apply a drop of lemon oil to the toothbrush after use to fight odor and germs.
Lemon Essential Oil Recipes for Home
Go green and stay clean with essential oils! Keep reading for some great recipes for using lemon essential oils around your home.
Lemonade Diffuser Blend
Lemon essential oil has many benefits including being a natural cleaner, deodorizer, antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Not only will this oil blend leave your home smelling great but it will also cleanse the air.
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop Basil essential oil
- 1 drop Spearmint essential oil
- Aromatherapy diffuser
Lemon Essential Oil Cleaner
Lemon oil is a top choice for natural cleaning and for use as a degreaser. Clean the stovetop with this lemon and vinegar spray. Spray on and let it sit for 10 minutes, then wipe clean. You can also use it on window sills, kitchen sinks, bathroom surfaces, trash cans, air vents, and more.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 25 drops Lemon essential oil
Lemon Soft Scrub for Tub and Sink
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- 1 tablespoon water
- 15 drops Lemon
Directions: Combine ingredients with a fork until the mixture is smooth. Best if used immediately. To use, coat the bathtub and/or sink, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then gently scrub clean.
Share on Pinterest