Can I use eucalyptus essential oil for cleaning? Eucalyptus oil is a popular essential oil that yields many benefits because of its antimicrobial properties. It can be used to cleanse surfaces, clear the air, and open airways.
Eucalyptus essential oil is commonly used medicinally, as an insect repellent, to relieve painful joints, for respiratory ailments, and is a great essential oil to use for cleaning.
Eucalyptus essential oil is a great choice for cleaning because it is often used to treat colds and clear bacteria from the air.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Cleaning
The reason that eucalyptus is excellent for cleaning is that it helps prevent viral illnesses like the cold and flu. After a period of feeling ill at home, the home often feels stuffy and gross. The illness you just recovered from or are actively recovering from is heavy in the air.
Here are reasons that cleaning with eucalyptus essential oil is perfect for clearing the home after a period of illness.
- Using eucalyptus essential oil in a steam inhalation will help to open your airways and breathe easier
- When used in a household cleaner the eucalyptus essential oil can help eliminate germs from surfaces
- Mixing a bit of eucalyptus oil into your laundry detergent can help kill the bacteria on your clothing
- Add eucalyptus essential oil into your carpet cleaner or mop water to clear out any bacteria that may be trapped in the carpet or on the floors
- Make a fabric spray using eucalyptus oil and spray it on all couches and other fabric furniture in the home
- Diffuse a eucalyptus essential oil blend in an aromatherapy diffuser to clear the air of airborne illness and bacteria, as well as deodorize the air in your home
Using eucalyptus in these cleaning methods is a great way to clean your home in general, but especially effective when cleaning the home after an illness has been present in the home. Cleaning the home with eucalyptus essential oil will clear out a cold or flu virus quicker than other essential oils would.
How To Make an All-Purpose Cleaner Using Eucalyptus Essential Oil
All-purpose cleaner is an essential cleaning supply for any home. It is healthy to disinfect surfaces in the home regularly, especially in areas that are frequently populated in the home. Eucalyptus essential oil can fight mold, bacteria, and musty odors in the home.
- Acquire an empty spray bottle. If this bottle was previously used for another cleaning product, make sure the bottle is washed thoroughly. Mixing different cleaning products can cause dangerous toxic fumes.
- Fill the spray bottle in two parts with hot water.
- Add one part of distilled white vinegar to the hot water in the spray bottle.
- Add one part of dish soap to the mixture.
- Add twelve drops of eucalyptus oil into the mixture.
- Stir all the products together. Shaking the bottle to combine the products will cause the soap to foam and there may not mix well.
This multipurpose spray will disinfect the surfaces in your home and leave a clean eucalyptus aroma. Eucalyptus is a potent clean smell that will leave your home feeling fresh after cleaning with it. This is a cheap natural alternative to store-bought multi-purpose cleaning sprays.
Making a Eucalyptus Fabric Spray
Making a eucalyptus fabric spray is easy and can get rid of any musty smells that may emit from fabric furniture in your home. Eucalyptus essential oil is known to fight mold and eliminate musty smells.
- Acquire a clean spray bottle
- Fill spray bottle three fourths full of hot water
- Add a few tablespoons of rubbing alcohol to the hot water
- Add seven drops of eucalyptus oil
- Shake the bottle with the lid on to combine the ingredients
Spraying this mixture on the fabric furniture in your home will help freshen your entire house and kill bacteria on your furniture. Fabric furniture can trap all sorts of household smells and can be unpleasant when not treated regularly.
Types of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil has a long history of use in traditional medicine, and it’s now becoming popular as a natural treatment for various health conditions. There are several different types of eucalyptus oil, each with its own unique properties. Here we’ll take a look at the four main types of eucalyptus oil.
Some of the most common types of eucalyptus oil include:
Eucalyptus globulus oil:
This oil is derived from the leaves of the Eucalyptus globulus tree and is the most common type of eucalyptus oil. It has a strong, camphoraceous aroma and is often used to treat respiratory problems.
Eucalyptus radiata oil:
This oil is derived from the leaves of the Eucalyptus radiata tree and has a milder aroma than Eucalyptus globulus oil. It is often used to treat respiratory problems and headaches.
Eucalyptus citriodora oil:
This oil is derived from the leaves of the Eucalyptus citriodora tree and has a citrusy aroma. It is often used to treat respiratory problems and headaches. Eucalyptus citriodora is also called Lemon Eucalyptus, it is kid-safe too!
Eucalyptus Smithii oil:
This oil is derived from the leaves of the Eucalyptus Smithii tree and has a woodsy aroma. It is often used to treat respiratory problems and muscular pain.
Final Thoughts on Using Eucalyptus Oil for Cleaning
Eucalyptus essential oil is one of the best essential oil choices to use when cleaning the home. There are many different types of eucalyptus essential oil, each with its own unique properties. In general, it helps clear up viral illnesses and elevate the general mood of the home. You can combine different essential oils when cleaning to best suit your needs. People often add lemon essential oil to the products they make with eucalyptus essential oil.
Using essential oils in your cleaning routine is beneficial for elevating mood and for killing germs. Using eucalyptus essential oil is a great natural remedy for a cleaner home. Making your cleaning products at home from essential oils is a good way to take control of your cleaning routine and save money on cleaning products long term.
Share on Pinterest