Do you know what the best carrier oils for sensitive skin are? When you have sensitive skin, you want to be careful about which products you apply to your sensitive skin. Applying new products always feels like risky business when you have sensitive skin because you want to avoid skin irritation. Many people with sensitive skin enjoy making their skincare products for this reason.
When making your skincare products, the best two choices for carrier oil are avocado oil and olive oil.
What are the Best Carrier Oils for Sensitive Skin?
Here we will look at three carrier oil for sensitive skin, olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
Is Olive Oil a Good Carrier Oil for Sensitive Skin?
Olive oil is available at every grocery store and most people keep it in their homes for cooking purposes. Using a cooking product in your skincare routine may seem strange, but it is completely normal. There are many reasons why olive oil makes for a great carrier oil in homemade skincare products.
- Olive oil is full of nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants that are good for the skin.
- Using olive oil in a regular skincare routine as a carrier oil will leave skin feeling soft, moisturized, and looking bright.
- Using olive oil in a regular skincare routine can have antiaging effects on the skin.
- Olive oil fights bacteria which can help prevent and treat acne when applied to the skin
If you decide to use olive oil as a carrier oil in your skincare routine, be aware that sometimes companies will mix other types of cooking oils into olive oil. Always check the ingredients on your olive oil and make sure that the only ingredient in your olive oil is 100% extra virgin olive oil.
Other types of oil can clog your pores and cause acne for sensitive skin. Plain olive oil has the opposite effect because of its antibacterial properties. Using olive oil externally on the skin provides the skin’s vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial to the skin.
Is Avocado Oil a Good Carrier Oil for Sensitive Skin?
Avocado oil is another carrier oil that can be found in any grocery store and is frequently used in cooking. Just like olive oil, avocado oil is also found in many households. There are many benefits related to using avocado oil as a carrier oil in products made for sensitive skin types.
- Avocado oil left the skin feeling soft and moisturized when used as a carrier oil in skincare products
- Avocado oil is rich in nutrients and vitamins that can help repair damaged skin when applied externally
- Helps keep the skin’s natural oils well balanced so that the skin stays moisturized without becoming too oily
Avocado oil is a gentle oil that can be used as a carrier oil when making homemade skin products for sensitive skin. Avocado oil is affordable and easily accessible. Avocado oil absorbs easily into the skin and supplies the skin whit many nutrients.
Why You Should Avoid Coconut Oil as a Carrier Oil for Sensitive Skin?
People often use coconut oil as a go-to when making their skincare products at home. While coconut oil may be great for people who don’t have sensitive skin, if you do have sensitive skin you may want to consider an alternative carrier oil.
- Coconut oil is known to clog pores and cause acne in people with sensitive skin
- Coconut oil doesn’t absorb into the skin, it only sits on top of the skin
- It is best to use a carrier oil that can be absorbed into the skin so that the skin can benefit from the oil’s vitamins and nutrients
The fact that coconut oil is very comedogenic makes it a poor choice to use as a carrier oil for people with sensitive skin. Using coconut oil as a carrier oil can make acne worse by clogging the skin’s pores instead of absorbing it into the skin like other carrier oils would.
Final Thoughts on Choosing the Best Carrier Oil for Sensitive Skin
Having sensitive skin means that you need to be cautious about the products you apply to your skin. It is very easy to worsen sensitive skin if the wrong products are used on it. Using carrier oils in homemade skincare products can cause acne breakouts and rashes. Using the right carrier oils in your homemade skin care products can help naturally treat and prevent acne.
Always check the carrier oils you choose to make sure no other ingredients are mixed in. When buying common carrier oils like avocado oil and olive oil it is common for companies to mix in other oils that may not be good for the skin. Carrier oils that are frequently used for cooking purposes often have this issue.
Share on Pinterest