Are you looking for a natural way to promote sleep? Essential oil rollerball recipes for sleep are a great alternative to over-the-counter or prescription medications. The best part is that these recipes are easy to make and can be customized according to your own needs.
Sleep is necessary for your physical and emotional well-being. It helps regulate hormones, boosts the immune system, and even improves symptoms of depression. But when sleep proves elusive, it can be hard to find a solution that works. Essential oils may provide relief from sleeplessness in some cases. The following essential oil recipes for sleep are designed to help you get a good night’s rest!
How to Make a Sleep Rollerball?
Roller bottles are a great way to create your own self-care products at home. They’re easy and inexpensive, and fun to make because you can customize them to your needs!
You don’t need much to make a rollerball recipe for sleep, just a roller bottle with the rollerball, a carrier oil and the essential oils you want to use. A small funnel or oil pipette can be helpful too to get the carrier oil into the bottle without spilling.
- Start with a 10 ml glass roller bottle.
- Add the drops of essential oil from the chosen recipe below.
- Fill the rest of 10 ml roller bottle with your choice of carrier oil. A little funnel can help when filling the roller bottles with carrier oils. Leave a little space at the top so there is room to put the rollerball on.
- Snap on the rollerball into place.
- Shake the bottle to mix the carrier oil and essential oils.
Carrier Oils For Sleep Roll On Recipes
- Fractionated coconut oil: It’s odorless and colorless, has a long shelf life and is one of the most popular carrier oil for roller bottle recipes.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil actually is a liquid wax, not an oil. It is very similar to the natural sebum found in our skin. Vitamin E is a major ingredient, which promotes healthy skin. It is suitable for all skin types: normal, dry, oily and sensitive as well as mature. It works great in all types of roller bottle blends.
- Sweet almond oil: Sweet almond oil is suitable for all skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin. It is one of the most gentle oils and extremely nourishing. It is rich in Vitamin D and an excellent emollient that can soften and condition the skin.
Essential Oil Rollerball Recipes for Sleep
These simple roller blends can be made ahead of time so when it is nightime and you are getting ready for bed you will be able to use them.
1. Serene Night
Are you having trouble sleeping? This essential oil recipe is perfect for relaxation and sleep.
- 5 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Orange
- 2 drops Cedarwood
2. Good Sleep
With these oils, you can have a deep night’s sleep without any problems!
- 4 drops Orange
- 2 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- 2 drops Cedarwood
3. Bedtime Blend
Try this blend if you are having trouble sleeping because of anxiety. Or maybe your partner snores and keeps you up all night.
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 3 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Juniper Berry
- 2 drop Vetiver
4. Sweet Dreams
Have the sweetest dream with this DIY roller blend for bedtime!
- 5 drops Sweet Marjoram
- 3 drops Cedarwood
- 2 drops Chamomile
5. Chill Out
Having a hard time relaxing after a long day, try this sleep oil blend with these relaxing oils.
- 4 drops Lavender
- 4 drops Frankincense
- 1 drop Bergamot
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang
Combat anxious moments and calm thoughts before bed with this roller blend.
- 4 drops Sweet Orange
- 4 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Vetiver
How to Use Roller Blends for Sleep
Once you have made and assembled your roll on for sleep then you are ready to roll!
You can roll onto forearms, chest, neck and/or feet as desired when bedtime nears. You can also roll on the palm of your hands, rub them together and then deeply inhale the aroma. Keep the bottle on your night stand in case to need to reapply during the night.
Roller Bottle How to Video Tutorial
Here is a great way to see how an essential oil roller blend is made. She shows you how to use a roller bottle, her recipe is different, its a pain blend but just use the sleep recipe you desire.
[mv_create key=”16″ thumbnail=”https://oilygal.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/how-to-make-roller-recipes-for-sleep.jpg” title=”Essential Oil Roller Recipes for Sleep – OilyGal.com” type=”recipe”]