The winter solstice is a time for reflection and inner peace. The cold weather can be hard on the body’s systems, so it’s important to take care of yourself during this special time. This Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend is crisp, fresh, and energizing. It may be just what you need to invite peace and bliss to you day!
What is Winter Solstice?
Winter Solstice is celebrated by people around the globe. It happens twice a year, once in the northern hemisphere and once in the southern hemisphere (6 months apart). It marks the shortest day and longest night of the year. For us in the northern hemisphere it happens in December, usually on the 21st or 22nd. After winter solstice the days get longer and the nights get shorter.
Many see the winter solstice as the beginning of winter. This seasonal transition provides a time for self-reflection, rebirth, and renewal. A time to refresh stagnant energy and rejuvenate the spirit!
How to Make a Winter Solstice Rollerball Recipe
Roller bottles can be used to make your own homemade self-care products. These roller bottles are easy to make, inexpensive, and fun because you can personalize them to suit your needs.
To make a rollerball for Winter Solstice, you don’t need much. All you need is a roller bottle, the carrier oil, and required essential oils. To ensure that the carrier oil is easily added to the bottle, a small funnel or oil pipette may be useful.
- Start with a 10ml glass roller bottle.
- Add the essential oil to the bottle.
- The remaining space can be filled with carrier oil of your choice, like fractionated coconut oil. Filling roller bottles with carrier oils can be done using a funnel. You should leave a little room at the top to allow for the rollerball insert to be placed on.
- Place the rollerball insert on the bottle.
- Mix the essential oils and carrier oil by shaking the bottle.
Carrier Oils for Winter Solstice Roll On Recipe
- Fractionated coconut oil: This oil is odorless and colorless and can be used in a variety of roller-bottle recipes.
- Jojoba oil – Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax and not an oil. It is very similar in appearance to natural sebum that we have in our skin. Vitamin E is an important ingredient that promotes healthy skin. It can be used on all skin types, including normal, sensitive, oily, and mature. It is great for all kinds of roller bottle mixes.
- Sweet almond oil: This oil is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive or acne-prone skin. It is one the gentlest oils, and it is extremely nourishing. It is high in Vitamin D, and an excellent emollient which can soften and condition skin.
Continue reading Carrier oils for Rollerball Recipes
Winter Solstice Essential Oil Blend – Roller Recipe
Boost energy levels and promote feelings of wellness with this Winter Solstice blend. It has the energizing scent of peppermint and the grounding oils of juniper and frankincense. Enjoy its restorative and protective qualities.
This essential oil combination not only smells amazing but it may be just what you need for emotional support.
- 4 drops Juniper essential oil
- 4 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 teaspoons Carrier oil (like Fractionated coconut oil)
- 10 ml Roller Bottle
Directions: Add drops of essential oils to the roller bottle, and fill the rest of the roller bottle with your choice of carrier oil. You can apply the essential oil roller recipe to any area of your body that you would like to target, including your temples, neck, and wrists.
Share on Pinterest